Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Wednesday Night Special...

Whats for dinner? A steaming cup of self-pity with a side order of loathing please. It has seriously been one of those days. I am in SERIOUS need of a distraction, why o' why can't baseball season start already :( I am craving some grass stained baseball uniforms and fast-ball statistics. I am not sure about any of you but I am not usually the type of person who lets things bother me for long, but occasionally news (usually that of the bad variety) has the power to lay me low for a couple of days. I am dealing with that this week. I am battling a head full of "What-ifs" and a heart bursting with "denial". I am just all around SAD, which is a strange feeling for me to be lugging around. *Shake *Shake *Shake I have to shake this off.... A drink I really need a drink. Too bad its the middle of the week and I have to work tomorrow. On another note a student from the college I attend sent me an email saying that he too was recommended for a Internship (a professor I had last semester wrote a letter of recommendation on my be haft, and without my knowledge, for a international internship) he is going this summer, while I chose to wait another year till I was done with school. He got my email from the professor and hoped that I would be able to help him with some of the ins and outs of navigating the process. It was exciting to hear all about the fun things he is going to get to do and I am really looking forward to my opportunity now. That helped bring some light into my week. So I guess that is the moral of this post. Sometimes you can be completely unaware of how a little thing you do might affect a persons day. People are always commenting on the fact that I smile at everyone and say "have a great day" to the toll booth workers, or whoever else happens to be in my path that day. But I always feel like you never know how a smile or a kind word might change a sad moment for someone into a happy one. So Smile people and remember that reaching out not only goes a long way for your soul, but for someone Else's as well.

Steph's Tidbits:
  • I am really groovin on the song "Its over (Goodbye)" by Jared Lee right now. 
  • So pathetic am I for any sort of baseball news that I have taken to stalking the Yankees (and other baseball players) on twitter. Chris Dickerson is so hilarious and its wonderful to know that not only is he a great player but also has a great personality! 
  • The Chai Tea for the Keruig machine (I think I mentioned this a couple of days ago) is glorious, I definitely recommend it to anyone who has a Keurig coffee machine, SO worth it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment