Monday, February 20, 2012

Girl on Fire!~!

Wahoo! I am a girl on fire.... okay yes that was a totally cheesy play on words (but since I recently finished the "Hunger Games" novels I thought it was fitting!) I have been such a Good girl lately that I rewarded myself with the purchase of a Kindle Fire today!

I was so excited for a couple of different reasons. 1 being that I am an avid reader, I have ibooks on my Ipod touch but if any of you are familiar with that program you know that its really small and zooming in only makes it so that only a couple of sentances fit on one page. The Fire is great because its almost the same size as a real book and flows easily from one page to another. 2 because e-textbooks are quite a bit cheaper than buying the actually thing, and I will be able to take them with me to the gym, appoitments etc... and not feel like a total loser for having a huge book sitting on my lap. Not only that but you can actually highlight on the page and make annotations which is great since I am a HUGE note taker. And 3rd because it not only is an e-reader but also a video player which means that I can watch my netfilx on my Fire and do my homework at the same time, My Wii which also has the streaming of netflix on it, is on the big screen in our house, which is coinsidentialy not in my bedroom). My mom is actually going to be getting one of these later on in the week so we can link ours to the same prime account and both get the benifits of having one of these! Hope you all enjoyed your extra day off this week!

Steph's Tidbits:
  • I am feeling almost 100% better after this weekend, although I still have not regained my appitite. It's been mostly Water for me today.
  • I wactched 50/50 last night. It was a decent movie (I really like Seth Rogan, he is So funny in Knocked up!) but it also made me very angry with the medical industry, especially since this was based on a real life experience
  • I am starting the countdown to when I leave for a weeks vacation in Flordia! only 47 more days!!

Night y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment