Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here's to a New Year!

Happy New Years everyone! A little belated I know. The new year has started basically the same way that the last one ended for me. Working, and getting ready for school to start in two weeks. I am not usually one to make New Years Resolutions but I though that since I am turning 26 (YIKES) this year I would create a list of 26 things I wanted to accomplish before my birthday and call them resolutions. I am not sure if any of you have seen the 2007 movie "bucket list" with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nickelson, in which two dying men create a list of things they want to do before they "Kick the bucket". But, after seeing that movie I created a list of my own (as I assume a lot of people did). If I am honest with myself I havent checked off nearly as many of the 100 things that I would have liked to. But some of them I did check off this past year, like #7 "eat dinner in a resturant alone" (which I did in Paris!) and #78 "Stand in awe before the Eiffel Tower" (obviously also in Paris). So for this brand new year I decied to take some of the items from my bucket list, as well as some of them that are not, and put them on the 26 things to do before I turn 26 list. Some of these things I have been putting off for a long time and feel that its about time I choose to not only better myself physically but mentally as well. One of the things I really want to accomplish on this list is to blog everyday. These posts might not always be beauty related but may concern something I read about or saw on T.V or even things that happened to me during the day. Some of these things I will keep track of everyday and let you guys know how my progress is going. And I must admit that some of these I cheated on, things like ride in a helicopter, learn to surf and swim with dolphins, I am planning a trip to Hawaii in June and planned to do these things while I was there. But since they were on my bucket list anyways I thought I could include them on this list too. Here's hoping I can find enough things to keep you guys entertained for the next 7 months. Wish me luck on completing this list before I turn 26 on the 26th of July!

26 Things to do Before I turn 26
1.      Read 150 books
2.      Reach my Goal Weight
3.      Buy an expensive pair of shoes
4.      Get a new tattoo
5.      Go skinny dipping
6.      Sleep under the stars
7.      Throw a fancy party
8.      Run a 5K
9.      Volunteer
10.  Learn a new Hobby
11.  Let GO
12.  Be Spontaneous
13.  Make a Friend
14.  Do something that scares me
15.  Wear High Heels for a normal day
16.  Help a stranger
17.  Blog Everyday
18.  Stop biting my nails
19.  Learn to surf
20.  Ride in a helicopter
21.  Make the Dean’s list (for the third semester in a row!)
22.  Learn enough of another language to be able to hold a conversation
23.  Swim with dolphins
24.  Make it count
25.  Wear a different pair of shoes everyday
26.  Get 8 hours of sleep a night
Make sure to check out my YouTube channel for beauty reviews, tutorials, and all around fun beauty stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment