Saturday, June 23, 2012

The BIG Day!

Okay so I will admit that I am actually writing this post over a week after the actual event but I really wanted you guys to be able to see some of the pictures before I told you all about the day. I hope you'll forgive me :)


My sister looked so beautiful that day. And she had a smile on her face the entire day. It really was an amazing thing to witness. The day was relatively uneventful. My mom and I spent the morning meeting with some of the vendors as they came to set up different things. Then we met my sister and Ashley, her other bridesmaid, for our hair appointments (which seemed to take way longer than was anticipated) and then headed back to my Grandmothers to get dressed. After doing everyone makeup (mine included), and forgetting to eat lunch, we got dressed

After having our pictures taken, the three of us (the bride and two bridesmaids) headed to the site. On the way there Ashley remembered that she needed to stop at a bank, we had the time so we pointed the car in the direction of the closet bank, only to encounter a ton of construction (of course, right). Finally we hit up the ATM and were once again headed in the right direction. About two minutes before we were to pull in my mom calls us and tells us that they forgot to bring the flower girls flowers for dropping down the aisle. After conferring with Sam we decided to head back towards town and grab some from a local florist. Picture this, two girls in bright blue dresses and high heels, with a bride stuffed into the back seat racing through town to try and find a parking spot, then once we do we leave the cupcake shaped girl in the backseat and run up (still in heels mind you) a hill and into the florists shop where we basically yell all out of breath at the poor girl behind the counter what we needed. With a scared look on her face she scurries off into the back and presents us with our needed item. After paying, we raced back (now downhill) to the car and off to the wedding, all the while cracking up!! It was quite an adventure :) Other than that the day went off without a hitch and everything turned out beautiful. Even my speech turned out to be pretty good if I do say so myself, I had the whole place shaking with laughter and tears in their seats! Here are some additional shots from the day!:

This is my FAMILY!!
In our town we have this really cool movie wall, on our movie theater!

I there are a ton more pictures and we haven't even seen them all yet. If you guys like the pictures then you should check out our photographer's facebook page. Like her to see some more of her work, it's really amazing!

Hope you guys had a great start to the weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Everyone looked beautiful! Congrats to your sister and you for gaining a brother in law.

    ReplyDelete