Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Long Walk in the Bright Sunshine

After spending the morning struggling through new concepts in math class. I spent the rest of the day with Mr.Friday who (wonderfully) made it his mission to help me take my mind off other things and focus on simply having some fun. So after a lunch of pizza we went for a walk in the beautiful sunshine (this is becoming one of our favorite things to do!) We decided to go to the mall for a walk around and then Mr.Friday suggested we go an see the "Lorax" this was a great choice, nobody could come out of that movie feeling anything but upbeat. It was actually a cute movie with a wonderful message for kids. There is something that should be said about innocence, we are missing a lot of that in our world right now and kids should be given every opportunity to keep their innocence for as long as possible. After the movie we went for dinner at The Melting Pot. Okay so for those of you that don't know The Melting Pot is a fondu resturant, where you sit with a plate of raw food in front of you and a pot of cheese or oil or chocolate that is heated up and you dip the food into it. It is SOOOOO yummy! and a great way to end the evening. At the end of day I actually had a better outlook on the past week. That being said I still cant escape the fact that this past week I recieved some devestating news. Normally I am the type of person who shakes things off and moves on. Because of that I let people get away with things more often than not, especially people who are close to me, but not this time. I am not rolling over and pretending that I am okay with this. So thats where I stand tonight, thats my soapbox and I am not getting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment