Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St.Paddy's Day!!!

Mr.Friday and I spent the weekend in NYC! We went in after my class was over to see the parade. Which was something I had never done before and was very much looking forward to. It was kind of like a mini vacation since we were staying over and enjoying some "alone" time. It was glorious. But if there is one thing I am accustomed to its the fact that things never go how they are planned. The parade started 3 hours late so although we got there after it was scheduled to start we ended up being able to see most of it. However, getting to our hotel first was an issue. All of the side streets along fifth avenue were blocked off so we had a terrible time getting over to first and the crowds were terrible. Imagine if you will a short girl pulling a rolling suitcase through a crowd of people so thick that they basically block out the sun.
I admit that I did some damage to some toes during that walk. Finally we made it to our hotel. The Millennium UN Plaza was beautiful and the view from our room was spectacular, or at least it would have been had the sun been shinning.

After watching the parade for a while, and getting sucked into a conversation with a woman who was older than my grandmother and more drunk than any person I have ever met ( I was seriously getting buzzed off of her breath), Mr.Friday and I decided to grad a quick drink before meeting up with some of his friends that were in town looking at apartments today. I will admit that I was a tad nervous about meeting his friends and therefore might have drunken more than I should have. We meet them for dinner at a great Japanese place called Joe's Shanghai that was absolutely delicious (if you ever go there try the pineapple fried rice Delish!!!). Afterwards we went to an Irish bar and had some drinks. Through out the day I had been jumping into random people's group photos a fact that Mr.Friday found quite funny and at this bar there seemed to be ample opportunities for me to continue this trend, I swear 30 people or more will wake up on Sunday morning, look at their pictures and say "who the hell is that girl" a fact I find quite humorous! I will admit that at that point things became a little blurry, I am not a big drinker and can not seem to hold much alchol so what happened after the third round of drink becomes a bit hazy however, Mr.Friday tells me that I did not do anything embarrassing (for him or myself) and I behaved like a lady. I don't remember getting back to the hotel or getting into bed, but I can only assume that Mr.Friday was very understanding and not the least bit drunk and therefore did his gentlemanly duty of making sure I was okay. I know I should feel bad about getting drunk but honestly most of the time I feel as though I am living someone Else's life, raising their children and adhering to their schedule that sometimes I forget that I am only 25 and have the right to act like it sometimes. St. Patrick's day with Mr.Friday was a wonderful reminder that I am still young and its okay to act like it sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment