Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Food Depraved

Do you ever get cravings? I do a lot, and they seem to happen even more now that I am trying to be healthy. I am like my stepfather in that once I start thinking about a food I cant stop, and no other thoughts seem to be able to permeate my brain until I eat the food. And the food ranges from fruit to sweets to salty things, it really doesn't matter. This is my true weakness, and something that I struggle with on a daily basis, and I know that this is the reason that I can't lose the weight. No matter how much I run or work out, it doesn't matter since I cant seem to control my eating habits. What can I say I LOVE food. I get that I have a problem, and its something I am working on. However, this is a really hard thing to overcome, especially since we are surrounded by food all day everyday. Did you know you make over 200 food related decisions on a daily basis? That's a lot, more than I was even aware of. Which makes overcoming a dependency on food a difficult challenge. I am reading a great book, that is helping me work through my issues with food and helping me realized that I am worth more than that corn dog or ice sandwich. Is this something you deal with? Leave me a comment on how you deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment