Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming...

I know I am a little behind schedule this week, but that's because I had my BIG test yesterday (which I will tell you all about a little later). So lets do some catching up.

Work out of the week: Jumping Jacks.

Okay so remember when I said if I pulled out a workout that was easy to do then, I tried to do more than 1,000 a week? Well this is one of those exercises. Jumping Jacks are super easy, even if you are a bit heavier (like me) you can complete 100 in about 1 minute. I do 1,000 of these every day, think about it in a simpler form, 1,000 is only 10-100. Which means that if you do 100 ten times during the day, you will have done 1,000 already! And as a reward in seven days you will have burned 3,500 calories, that equals one pound!! You can do it!
 

Recipe of the week- Coming in a later post in the week.

Okay so lets talk about the test. Yesterday I took the CLEP: Natural Science. I was told about it, about 3 weeks ago, because I am one class short of eligibility to graduate at the end of this semester, I needed a science class to graduate. My advisor suggested that I take this test because it would give me more than enough credits. I borrowed a bunch of CLEP books from the Library, and utilized any study resources that I could find online. I studied, utilizing about 400+ note cards. This test was hard, I knew that going into it. Science is not my best subject, not by a long shot, but I was going to give it my all and at least try. And I am glad I did, otherwise I would have always wondered if I could. The test is graded much like the SATs in which your Raw score is converted into a sliding score between 20 and 80. My school required a 50 to recieve credit for the class. I got a...... 49 bum bum bummm. I know, it totally sucks, but you know what I am ok with it. It doesn't change the fact that I am going to graduate, it just changes when and that's not a big deal. I am glad I took it, but I am doubly glad that its over, it was so stressful to try and do everything;
  • My other classes (3 full time classes)
  • Study for the CLEP
  • Full time Job
That's alot to take on, and I was starting to feel the strain and anxiety as the test drew closer. So now I am just going to move on.
 
Laters!!
 
Steph's Tidbits:
  • Wondering what to do with all those note cards I made?
  • Made Turkey Chili for dinner last night, Yum! Maybe that should be this weeks recipe of the week!
  • I've been thinkin of doing something drastic with the color of my hair? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment