Friday, February 15, 2013

Febuary Organization (2)

Lets talk about organization again today. Shelving is a wonderful way to "kill two birds with one stone" as they say. Not only do they add some extra space to the area but they can also be decorative. For my room I have four shelves, I got them from Ikea (Ikea is my go-to place for large ticket items, their products are made for small spaces and can save you a lot of money)



 
So I have four shelves all white, held up by four white brackets (that came with the shelves). They offer me space and also add a bit of dimension to the room. Before I had just simply books on these shelves, but I needed more space so I packed up almost of those and moved things around a bit. One Two of the shelves I now have movies:
 
On this shelf I also have a picture of SafeCo field; home of the Seattle Mariners which I visited back in August. I also have my Thor hat and a postcard from Paris.
Here I have more movies. I also have a glass candy jar that holds my collection of Pooh's (there are tiny poohs dressed up in different costumes) as well as an elf from Prep and Landing, a postcard of Istanbul, a candle, and a container holding my dry erase markers. Above this shelf I have some pictures mounted on command strips. The brackets offer a great frame of reference around the pictures.

 
One of the top shelves hold all of my favorite books, mostly series.
 
This also has some of my Giraffes, my Venetian mask. As well as a box that hold all kinds of travel articles about places I want to visit someday.
The final shelf hold all of my Makeup books and my pallets, I don't use these very often so having them out of the way of my everyday things has really cut down on my clutter.
 
I also have a basket that holds all of my nail polish. That large picture in the back is of old Yankee Stadium, a gift from my sister one year for Christmas.
As you can tell, I am making use of my limited amount of space and my shelves are helping me do so. I have changed these babies up quiet a bit in the past couple of weeks, but I think this is the way I like them the best. Hope you guys found this helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment