Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Workout of the Week.....

Here is something else new we are going to do, "A workout of the week". So aside from the running, which by the way I have continued to do even though its colder than the Antarctic here in NY, I have been choosing one workout to do each week and then completing 1,000 during the week. Think Jumping Jacks, Push ups, Squats etc. Here is how I choose:

Way back in December I wrote a ton  of different exercises down on sheets of card stock, and then cut them into little slips, and put them into a small jar (as you can see I used Halloween candle holders :)

Then each day whenever I am thinking about it, or I walk by the jars I pull one out and do whatever it says, then transfer it to the "done Jar" (Yes I did get this idea off of Pinterest, what can I say I'm addicted) Once all the slips are moved to the done jar I plan on rewarding myself with a little "You DID IT" prize, perhaps a new pair of shoes?? (I need a new pair of shoes like I need a hole in the head but this seems to be working in the motivation department!). Back to the workout of the week, whatever is the first slip I pull out on Monday becomes my workout of the week. My goal is to do at least 1,000 during the week, but with simple things like jumping jacks I try to do 1,000 a day, that's 7,000 jacks in a week (that burns about 1 pound worth of calories in case you were interested!!). So this weeks workout just so happens to be Jump Squats. I wont subject you to a demonstration a'la fatso over here but here is a picture of proper form:  
 
Whenever I am waiting for something, like the microwave, or my Nutribullet to finish blending, or new pins on Pinterest to load, then I bang out a couple (I aim for 10 to 20 each time). This is a simple way to add more movement into my day and works some serious leg muscles. Give it a try this week, you'll be amazed at how much more workout you can get into your day!
 
Happy Squatting!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment