Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Movie Magic....

Seen any good movies lately??

I have been watching a TON of movies lately. I guess I should clarify that statement, I don't watch T.V. and even the shows that I do watch (which are as follows (in no particular order :);
  • Glee
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Grey's
  • Face Off
  • Once upon a Time
Even these shows I don't watch when they air, I TiVo everything and then watch them when I can't sleep at night (weird right!). So when I am done with work or am working on homework or just filling in time I watch movies. I own a lot of them (223 to be exact, YIKES) but I rent movies or stream them, from Netflix (I have both the DVD and streaming). We also have a redbox right down the road from us at the grocery store I shop at so it makes it simple easy to get one for the night. That being said I seem to be going renting crazy lately and have watched a ton this week (it was a light homework week!). Here are some of the ones I have seen, maybe I will start reviewing movies on here(!);

  • Casa Di Mi Padre- now let me tell you, I am a HUGE Will Farrell fan, my stepfather and I love anything this guy is in, that being said I was totally disappointed in this movie, it wasn't even funny. Although I was impressed with his Spanish language skills !
  • The Trouble with the Curve- this movie had me at Baseball (I absolutely love any movie about baseball on principle alone) but this movie also had Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, and Justin Timberlake in it. I was surprised how much I loved this movie. It really is excellent, and although Justin wasn't fantastic, its enough just to see him acting next to Clint.
  • Premium Rush- Excellent!
  • Looper- This movie was good but I could hardly focus on the story when I was so distracted by Joesph Gorden-Levitt's face, something went seriously wrong with the makeup here.
  • Dark Shadow- Horrible, poor Johnny Depp :(
  • TED- Hilarious (if you like stupid funny) but I was impressed my Mark Walhbergs acting, surprisingly good!
  • Frankenweenie- A very cute movie about a boy who can't stand to be apart from his dog, so he brings him back to life after he dies. This is a stop-action movie much like my favorite movie of all time "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
I haven't really seen anything in theaters recently, I have been super busy (is there an echo? I feel like I say that all the time). But I am going to see Lincoln tonight with a friend, a little late yes but better than never I always say :)

I hope you guys have had a fantastic weekend! I can't believe its over already, I always feel a little melancholy on Sundays. But its a beautiful day here in NY and I am all done with homework and am going to the movies tonight so I have a serious smile on my face!

Laters!
P.s. See all that hair.... is soon to be gone, like all of it. Okay not all of it, but 90% of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment