Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Here is a little secret, I love sweets hence the 30 extra pounds I am lugging around. When I started getting healthy I knew I would have to give things that I love, but were bad for me, totally up. However, I need a little fix every once in awhile. So I have started looking for healthy alternatives to some of my favorites. One of those favorites being Lemon Bars! I love these things because they taste sour and sugary at the same time, like your suckin on a giant sour patch kid! So over the weekend I went in search of a healthy way to make these tasty little morsels, and I found one that satisfied my sweet tooth without cancelling out all the calories I had burned on my run. Not only that but they were super simple to make, only two ingredients, and they are only 150 calories per bar (as long as you don't make like haft the pan one bar!).

Better for you Lemon Bars:

1 Box Angel Food Cake
1 Can Lemon Pie Filling (I used sugar free or no sugar added)

  • Mix ingredients together in a bowl
  • Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
  • Dust with powdered sugar once cooled
  • Enjoy!
These babies were very yummy, although I will admit that they are more "Cakey" than original lemon bars, still they satisfy the pallet.


Give it a try this week! Laters!

Steph's Tidbits:
  • Remember that stress I was talkin about yesterday? Yep, its still here :( Curse you Higher Education
  • Baseball is starting soon, we are down to less than two weeks till pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training!! WAHOO!!!!!!
  • Went to Ulta yesterday!! Oh man oh man did I get some AWESOME stuff. Stay tuned for a Haul post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment