Friday, April 6, 2012

A Spacey Kind of Day


Today we went to the Kennedy Space center! The weather was supposed to be rainy for most of the day but ended up being very beautiful, we only had to deal with one rain shower, which we missed because we were inside so it was perfect. We took a two hour tour of the grounds that included some very in depth videos of behind the scenes space stuff, all very interesting. After the tour we saw an Imax movie about the Hubble satellite.

And enjoyed a walk through the Rocket Garden (I know sounds weird right!). After bumming around for another hour or so we headed back to the hotel. Spent some time in the pool and then got some dinner here at the resort. I enjoyed a shrimp and pineapple quesidilla that was ok but not fantastic. Now Kat and I are watching a movie while I work on some homework (and of course update my blog!). Tomorrow I think we are planning on heading to SeaWorld!
Night Y'all!!

Steph's Tidbits:

  • We enjoyed some astronaut Ice Creme while we were at the space center today, I actually enjoyed the stuff. It has a strange texture and I can't help but wonder how they survive on sweet stuff like that when they are in space. It's good but nothing beats the real thing!
  • I rocked a pair of glittery flats today! I got a lot of compliments!
  • I love seeing the kids and this family having fun together. A lot of times we are so busy back home that we don't get a lot of time to just enjoy being around each other. Today we all got to laugh a lot and it was wonderful!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment