Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Breath of Palm Tree Air!

We finally made it to Florida!

Not to worry readers I did eventually get packed, and hopefully everything I might need is in my suitcase. We left the house around 8:45 this morning for our 12:30 flight out of LaGuardia. I actually hate flying, not that because I am scared but because I get sick which is no fun at all. But the flight was for the most part uneventful and my seat partner was a joy (Kathryn Age 9) we spent most of the flight playing a new game on the Ipad called Temple Run (SOOO much fun!!). After landing we got our rental cars and headed to the resort. The Marriott Grand Vista. The grounds of this hotel are so beautiful! And the view from my room is great;

The pool is literally two steps away basically. We would have jumped right in (I feel I should clarify for some of you because I keep saying WE. I work as a nanny for a family with three kids. This is a working vacation for me, which basically means that I go on vacation with them and help out when I am needed. One of the many perks of my job!) but we were all very hungry so we headed to Outback for a quick bite to eat and then hit the pool! Now I am exhausted and still seem to be fighting the after effects of that stomach bug I had last night. Stay tuned dear readers you all know how much fun and adventure I have when I am on vacation!!

Stephs Tidbits:
  • Having to do homework while on vacation stinks, but its better than no vacation at all I guess
  • It was 86 degrees when we landed. The sun was shinning and the palm trees swaying!!
  • I hate that on a two and 1/2 hour flight all they give you is one TINY bag of mini pretzels, the thing literally had like five pretzels in it. Talk about economic cut backs :( 

1 comment:

  1. Please when i flew to Vegas it was 5 hours and no food

    ReplyDelete