Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's a SeaWorld Kind of Day

Today we got up early and went to SeaWorld. It was a lot of fun and the weather was absolutely beautiful! The sun was shinning as my now shinny red nose can confirm, and the sky was blue. We spent most of the morning riding all of the rides and seeing some of the animals. My favorites at SeaWorld have got to be the Beluga Whales. I love the fact that on the outside they are not so good looking, a big bubble on the head would make anyone look bad, but they are so graceful in the water. They have a new ride there called Manta that actually lays you down on your belly and fly you through the air, it was SOOO much fun and we rode it twice. One thing I have noticed while walking around the park is that I always seem to be pulling up the rear so to speak. On a day to day basis I feel as though I walk fast, I am the kind of person who likes to get things done, get in get out and on to the next thing. My mom would tell you that I walk like the fires of hell are on my heels. But with this family, all of which are very tall, I still fall behind. I basically have to run to keep up with them (try doing that while pushing a stroller!).
After spending the morning riding rides we had lunch at an underwater grill that was right near the shark tank. It was so cool to see sharks and other large fish swimming by while I was enjoying my shrimp tempura.


We of course then had to see the shamu show. They have a new baby whale that is so cute and stayed right by his mom throughout the whole show even when she was doing some of the acrobatic stuff, he simply waited patiently for her to finish and then swam right next to her again. It was so cute.
I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend so far. Don't forget to have some fun, its okay to jump into the pool sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment