Sunday, December 22, 2013

And That My Friends is All the Nanny Wrote....


      And that friends closes the book on the nanny chapter. Friday was my last official day as a nanny and I am filled with mixed feelings of both relief and sadness. Relief in that I am moving forward with my life and entering a new and exciting chapter and sadness over the leaving behind of everything that I have known and come to love over the past five years.

                When I was little I had big dreams, dreams that one day I would change the world, that I would somehow make a difference. Somewhere along the way that dream changed and I settled for making a difference in the lives of the children that I cared for. It might seem like such a small thing, caring for a child, but it’s really not. Children are so impressionable, they pick up our quirks and laugh at things we long ago had forgotten was funny. When I first became a nanny I had no idea that I would be doing it for as long as I have. But now that my time with my current family is coming to a close I can reflect back on the many things that I will miss, such as:

·         The feeling of William slipping his hand into mine as we walk up the driveway from the bus

·         James’ endless questions

·         Kathryn getting so excited about a book that I have to read it just so I can understand what she is talking about

·         Jason’s jokes that are so lame I can’t help but laugh (sorry Jason, but you totally know its true!)

·         Movie nights in front of the fireplace, where we all gage how good of a movie it was based on how long it takes for Laura to fall asleep

Being a nanny has been one of the most rewarding things I have done with my life so far, it has awarded me the opportunity to do more, see more, meet more people than I could have ever imagined. I have made memories and forged connections that will last my whole life through. But like all good thing, they must eventually come to an end. And I am both excited and anxious about starting this next chapter of my life, I can’t wait to see where it leads me.

                                Let the Journey Continue!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment